Sunday, May 23, 2010


Dear journal,


I don’t even know what day it is anymore, it feels like they have all morphed into a never ending nightmare of bloodshed. Us soldiers don’t know when this gruesome war will end, but at this point it feels like it never will. I wake up every morning knowing that one of my friends will probably die that’s a hard reality to deal with. The shred of hope I have left is that my family is safe in the states I miss them words can’t even expound this. I write letters to them constantly it seems to be the only thing that keeps me sane anymore. Thanks to the ICRC they aid the wounded soldiers and save many life's every single day. The volunteers from the red cross also deliver letters to our families from the battlefield. I couldn't survive this war mentally if I did'nt have the red cross making it possible for me to communicate with my loved ones at home. Some say by the time the war is over the redcross will have delivered over 20 million letters and 1.9 million parcels. That is amazing that the red cross is able to do that much for us. The red cross organization also provides us with postcards that show scenes from the camps. This provides our famlies with solace, because they can see what were doing on a day to day basis. I hope someday they win the Nobel peace prize for all that there doing. From helping wounded soldiers, and giving us soldiers hope everyday... they're amazing. I hear a woman named Clara Burton got the red cross started, she is a saint in my eyes. I hope she realizes how much her organization has helped us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment